Questions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pav
Administration

Birthday : 1993-03-15

PostSubject: Questions?   Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:13 am

Guests, If you just want to ask some questions feel free to in this thread or you may make a new thread if you wish.

Thanks

balaji28
Simply Sports Junior

Birthday : 1989-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:53 am

Hi pav,
Can we discuss about cricket?
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 am

Sure can...

balaji28
Simply Sports Junior

Birthday : 1989-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:38 pm

I have made a new forum called animation-world and where I request for affiliation.
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:17 am

Just shoot me a PM with all the info, including number of messages members, link ect...

SS2
Simply Sports Junior

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 am

pav i sent u a pm can u check it thanx
Back to top Go down
Braincaster
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:02 am

How does the rankings work?

At how many posts do I become the member of SS? And at how many posts do I become SS Junkie?
Back to top Go down
NoBallsNoLife
Simply Sports Addict

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:31 am

50- member
500- junkie
Back to top Go down
Jakey
Simply Sports Addict

Birthday : 1995-10-31

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:36 pm

Yeah I'm not that far of to be a Junkie.
Back to top Go down
http://sportschat-666.forumotion.com/index.htm
Sumu
Simply Sports Addict

Birthday : 1999-04-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:55 pm

I,jammy are the only one to be junkies.
Back to top Go down
Braincaster
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:08 pm

untouchables69 wrote:
50- member
500- junkie

Sounds nice.

Than 5000 would be for a Legend? cheers
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict

Birthday : 1995-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:27 pm

If you get 5000 before anyone else with some solid posts, I'll personally decorate you 'Legend of SS' Very Happy
Back to top Go down
King_Rizzy
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:45 pm

How many posts per day is this place getting?
Back to top Go down
Jammy
Simply Sports Addict

Birthday : 1995-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down
NoBallsNoLife
Simply Sports Addict

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 am

Thats not bad, but we can make it double guys!
Back to top Go down
anurag_cheruvu
Simply Sports Addict

Birthday : 1995-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:37 pm

The posting rate has not been too flash of late. I have tried my level best to post as often as possible. We do need Pav to post more often here. It was nice to see untouchables back. Nice to see Jammy try his level best to post even though he is so busy with other things. Nice to see members like Sumu and CTT post often too.

It would not be a bad idea to get some new posters in here, or ask the inactive ones to post more often. Any ideas ? Suggestions ?
Back to top Go down
CTT
Global Moderator

Birthday : 1910-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:40 am

We could try to get Dan/Aidan/Stewie all back, or we could raid SS for more members :p
Back to top Go down
anurag_cheruvu
Simply Sports Addict

Birthday : 1995-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:22 am

Dan would be too busy with life. Aidan, well, seems to have loads of time. But I reckon he and Stewie would be pretty busy with King pair. We can give bringing Aidan back a shot. He is a gunnnn poster. Talking about raiding StickSports members, we must look out for active members. Abhinav wouldn't be a bad idea, but I do not know if he would be able to giver enough time to this, with life keeping him busy... Any others in mind, people ?
Back to top Go down
NoBallsNoLife
Simply Sports Addict

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:20 pm

High Voltage wrote:
We could try to get Dan/Aidan/Stewie all back, or we could raid SS for more members :p

Theyve had their chances if they wanted to be active they wouldve been, personally I like it without the trio.
Back to top Go down
King_Rizzy
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:47 pm

I tell you what this forum needs, something unique, something different, that will bring members here, that will keep the posts going. You also need a mature and intelligent leader, someone who could throw this place in the right direction, someone who will keep the flow going, someone good at organising (I have all those qualities, but I don't have time to post regularly on here). I would love for this forum to be Rizaveli Productions part 2, but at the moment, it's not happening (all those that were on RP know how fun that place was, Jammy knows, ask him).

Those of you will argue that RP didn't have a leader like I've described above in Makaveli, but he was the behind the scenes guy whilst I ran the place upfront. He worked hard to give the members what they wanted, whilst I kept the place running like clock work. Of course, Makaveli also posted regularly, something Pav isn't doing here. The Mods on RP weren't douchebags and we had a policy where all our mods had to be over 16 (because if they're below 16, chances are they're not mature enough to be mods i.e. make correct decisions etc....) On RP, the Mods were Dazza, Maccurate, Rizzy for the majority of the time. Now you all know about Dazza and myself. Maccurate was similar to us, and we worked together like a charm.

The biggest problem with this forum is that it's demanding too much, where these demands can't be met. I'll give you an example, the fantasy comps. Fantasy Cricket on here is asking for 45 sign ups? HELLO!!! WAKE UP!! You don't have 45 active members, hell, you don't even have 45 semi-active members, where the hell are you going to get 45 signs up from? This place needs to lower it's demands.

Follow the advice I've given you here and this forum will soon become pretty active.
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:14 pm

King_Rizzy wrote:
I tell you what this forum needs, something unique, something different, that will bring members here, that will keep the posts going. You also need a mature and intelligent leader, someone who could throw this place in the right direction, someone who will keep the flow going, someone good at organising (I have all those qualities, but I don't have time to post regularly on here). I would love for this forum to be Rizaveli Productions part 2, but at the moment, it's not happening (all those that were on RP know how fun that place was, Jammy knows, ask him).

Those of you will argue that RP didn't have a leader like I've described above in Makaveli, but he was the behind the scenes guy whilst I ran the place upfront. He worked hard to give the members what they wanted, whilst I kept the place running like clock work. Of course, Makaveli also posted regularly, something Pav isn't doing here. The Mods on RP weren't douchebags and we had a policy where all our mods had to be over 16 (because if they're below 16, chances are they're not mature enough to be mods i.e. make correct decisions etc....) On RP, the Mods were Dazza, Maccurate, Rizzy for the majority of the time. Now you all know about Dazza and myself. Maccurate was similar to us, and we worked together like a charm.

The biggest problem with this forum is that it's demanding too much, where these demands can't be met. I'll give you an example, the fantasy comps. Fantasy Cricket on here is asking for 45 sign ups? HELLO!!! WAKE UP!! You don't have 45 active members, hell, you don't even have 45 semi-active members, where the hell are you going to get 45 signs up from? This place needs to lower it's demands.

Follow the advice I've given you here and this forum will soon become pretty active.

Wow kinda harsh in some area but I do agree with you a way. I do acknowledge I have been inactive the past month or two, I am sorry, I cannot help that, yr 12 has gotten the better of me and I wish I could have gone back and posted a little more often, I am trying my hardest... Am I not mature and intelligent? I like keep things laid back on here but I certainly think I am intelligent and mature enough to run this forum successfully. I do also acknowledge I am not organized which I am trying to improve, Also before you joined I busted my absolute backside to get members over to keep everyone happy and it seemed and felt that I was getting help from 1 or 2 members to actually get some more members over, I decided to actually give up on trying because I knew when they get inactive it was me that would bust my ass to get them back, then Jammy joined, he's helped a shit load alongside the likes of Josh Dragon, High Voltage, Untouchables ect. I need a bunch of active mature mods which I think I have but they always become inactive, i have tried my utmost to get some better quality members over, I think I have done quite well except again they become inactive... I really do not know what to do anymore, do you have any suggestions for Fantasy Cricket? If you do I'd love to hear them...

This post has come to me as a bit of a shock, I guess it's good that I read it and I appreciate your honesty.

King_Rizzy
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:47 pm

Well, people are kidding themselves, hiding the truth and if that happens you're never going to know where/how you can improve. So I felt I had to come here and be honest, expose any flaws.

I thought you were 14, but I only just realised that you're 17, much older than I thought.

I still agree with the fact that your mods aren't mature enough. You have a 14 year old mod who I don't know much about and you have Jammy, who I know a lot about (probably more than most on here), and at times, he can be a twat Laughing You have Choob, who I don't think is very enthusiastic about this place, feels like he doesn't give a shit and if you have a Mod like that, then your other members will follow suit. One of the points of a Mod is to set an example, if he's not setting a positive example, then what are the chances the rest of your members will be positive about posting? Also, one of your mods needs to step up, he needs to somehow keep everyone interested, he needs to create new threads, post a lot, he needs that drive and determination and needs to believe this forum is going places. You can do that yourself, but you need another member of the team doing it along with you, otherwise other's won't care either.

As for your FCL, you have 15 active members, around 7 semi-active members, then maybe about 6 or 7 less active members (if that). At the moment you have 25 sign ups? Try to get 2 more signs up from somewhere, that way you'll get 9 players in a team, then add 9 real life players, giving 3 to each team, meaning each team will have 12 players, so 1 extra player. Each team can only use 2 real life players in a single match. Of course, the real life players should have better averages than everyone else. I used this exact same idea for RP, and it worked a charm.

Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 pm

About the fantasy idea, great idea mate, I think we'll use that... As for the AFL I was thinking similar start the sign up list again, see how many we get and then get real life players to fill in the gaps. (3 teams) As for fantasy soccer got any suggestions for that and I am also undecided on the football and cricket management leagues.

King_Rizzy
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:58 pm

For your FSL, I don't think you have that much interest. I suggest you do a Football Management League instead, try to get 10 players and give it a go. Forget the Cricket management, as I've said before, too much demand can ruin things. I don't know anything about AFL so I can't advise you on that.
Back to top Go down
King_Rizzy
Simply Sports Member

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Also, the look of this forum is cheesy, tacky, it looks like a child has chosen the template. The blue round ball buttons just look crap IMO. You need a proper logo as well. It's a sports forum right? Well when you look at the logo it doesn't look sporty one little bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions?   

Back to top Go down

Questions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next