HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Forum Revamp

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Yeah I guess the main thing we have to remember is that SS is a business that's out there to make a profit, and probably the only way we'd be able to have any real sway is to either find a way that the forum would be able to either contribute to the site making a profit, either through the sale of advertising space or the reduced administrative burden regarding help and support that the forum may facilitate. As it's highly unlikely that any form of forum would have the traffic to make any real difference to the business's bottom line, probably our best option would be to convince the admins that it has some form of value in maintaining brand engagement by through linking it to the facebook and twitter accounts, and providing a more immersive platform compared to simply getting people to make barely literate comments or retweet, and instead be able to have a way to communicate with other fans in a way that would cause them to spend a much longer time on the SS social media platforms than they normally would.

(Sorry if a sound like one of those marketing pricks. I'm still in the habit of bullshitting for my business studies essays.)
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 am

And if anyone wants an email to send to mute, probably the best one I found is matt@mutedindustries.com.
Back to top Go down
Stewie
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 214
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 22
Location : Australia
Birthday : 1995-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:09 am

Thought I'd pop back in just to check to see if anything exploded. Unsurprised, but hai guise. Miss ya alls xo

_________________________________________________________________
1961 - 1971 - 1976 - 1978 - 1983 - 1986 - 1988 - 1989 - 1991 - 2008 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingpair.com
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:23 pm

Stewie wrote:
Thought I'd pop back in just to check to see if anything exploded. Unsurprised, but hai guise. Miss ya alls xo

Hai!
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2010-04-16
Age : 90
Location : The world
Birthday : 1927-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:38 am

Yo anyone that reads this what's happening? I'm chilling in the caribbean rn life is good althgouh right now it is absolutely pissing it down with a vengeance.

_________________________________________________________________
Presuming that all things are equal, who'd want to be men of the people, when there's people like you?
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:59 pm

Choob wrote:
Yo anyone that reads this what's happening? I'm chilling in the caribbean rn life is good althgouh right now it is absolutely pissing it down with a vengeance.

Finished my final high school exams a month or so ago and have drifted into the torture chamber commonly known as full time office work until I start uni next Feb
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Junior


Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-04-29
Location : Yes.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:37 pm

I'm bored. So I had a look on here again. Hello.
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 20
Location : Scotland
Birthday : 1996-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:12 am

ag6858 wrote:
Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that none of the old SS forum was archived anywhere... Would have been cool to look at it now. Ah well, at least it's not completely dead here.

Just on a few weeks break from Uni at the moment for Christmas, although I have exams straight after so it's not much of a break... In my first year, enjoying it so far, but still feels a bit odd at times. I turn 18 in a few days so that'll make getting into clubs a lot easier at least...

Everyone have a good Christmas? Starting to feel like I'm getting too old for it haha, sad times!
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:25 am

smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that none of the old SS forum was archived anywhere... Would have been cool to look at it now. Ah well, at least it's not completely dead here.

Just on a few weeks break from Uni at the moment for Christmas, although I have exams straight after so it's not much of a break... In my first year, enjoying it so far, but still feels a bit odd at times. I turn 18 in a few days so that'll make getting into clubs a lot easier at least...

Everyone have a good Christmas? Starting to feel like I'm getting too old for it haha, sad times!

Haha I'm in the same boat as you, last couple of years I haven't really had much excitement for it at all. Still, got some decent presents so can't complain. What are you doing at uni?
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 20
Location : Scotland
Birthday : 1996-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:17 pm

ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that none of the old SS forum was archived anywhere... Would have been cool to look at it now. Ah well, at least it's not completely dead here.

Just on a few weeks break from Uni at the moment for Christmas, although I have exams straight after so it's not much of a break... In my first year, enjoying it so far, but still feels a bit odd at times. I turn 18 in a few days so that'll make getting into clubs a lot easier at least...


Everyone have a good Christmas? Starting to feel like I'm getting too old for it haha, sad times!

Haha I'm in the same boat as you, last couple of years I haven't really had much excitement for it at all. Still, got some decent presents so can't complain. What are you doing at uni?

Mechanical Engineering. I really only decided I wanted to do it 3/4 weeks before the deadline for applications... So I didn't actually get to any open days for engineering, they were all for other subjects, which led to some confusion during the application process. It worked out fine in the end though and I got into my first choice.

I'm doing ok so far... The work at the moment isn't too difficult, it's a higher level than I've done before but not overwhelming. The main challenge I'm finding is keeping myself motivated to revise and go to lectures every day. It's so easy when the alarm goes off at 7am to just stay in bed and miss the first lecture, then miss the second... Then after that what's the point in getting on a half hour bus journey to go in for just one lecture, right?

I was fine for the first 8 weeks attendance wise, then in the last four I started missing more and more. The majority of people in my course seemed to do the same and I don't think it'll be a massive problem but I would definitely be doing better if I was in a school environment and living at home away from distractions. But yeah, I guess that's just part of settling in to a new environment.

What are you planning on studying ag?
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:57 am

smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that none of the old SS forum was archived anywhere... Would have been cool to look at it now. Ah well, at least it's not completely dead here.

Just on a few weeks break from Uni at the moment for Christmas, although I have exams straight after so it's not much of a break... In my first year, enjoying it so far, but still feels a bit odd at times. I turn 18 in a few days so that'll make getting into clubs a lot easier at least...


Everyone have a good Christmas? Starting to feel like I'm getting too old for it haha, sad times!

Haha I'm in the same boat as you, last couple of years I haven't really had much excitement for it at all. Still, got some decent presents so can't complain. What are you doing at uni?

Mechanical Engineering. I really only decided I wanted to do it 3/4 weeks before the deadline for applications... So I didn't actually get to any open days for engineering, they were all for other subjects, which led to some confusion during the application process. It worked out fine in the end though and I got into my first choice.

I'm doing ok so far... The work at the moment isn't too difficult, it's a higher level than I've done before but not overwhelming. The main challenge I'm finding is keeping myself motivated to revise and go to lectures every day. It's so easy when the alarm goes off at 7am to just stay in bed and miss the first lecture, then miss the second...  Then  after that what's the point in getting on a half hour bus journey to go in for just one lecture, right?

I was fine for the first 8 weeks attendance wise, then in the last four I started missing more and more. The majority of people in my course seemed to do the same and I don't think it'll be a massive problem but I would definitely be doing better if I was in a school environment and living at home away from distractions. But yeah, I guess that's just part of settling in to a new environment.

What are you planning on studying ag?

Engineering seems pretty popular with a lot of people at the moment, I know plenty of my year are looking at doing it. I was lucky enough to get a scholarship for high school business and geography teaching, so I'll be doing that at uni for the next few years. My biggest concern is staying committed at uni too, I do find that I can slack off quite a bit, and it feels like I got through year 12 just through having a light timetable and through natural ability in some subjects. So yeah, when the level of work ramps up I hope I'll be able to cope.

Anyone still have any plans on getting the stick sports stuff back together or has that ship sailed?
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 20
Location : Scotland
Birthday : 1996-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:28 pm

ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that none of the old SS forum was archived anywhere... Would have been cool to look at it now. Ah well, at least it's not completely dead here.

Just on a few weeks break from Uni at the moment for Christmas, although I have exams straight after so it's not much of a break... In my first year, enjoying it so far, but still feels a bit odd at times. I turn 18 in a few days so that'll make getting into clubs a lot easier at least...


Everyone have a good Christmas? Starting to feel like I'm getting too old for it haha, sad times!

Haha I'm in the same boat as you, last couple of years I haven't really had much excitement for it at all. Still, got some decent presents so can't complain. What are you doing at uni?

Mechanical Engineering. I really only decided I wanted to do it 3/4 weeks before the deadline for applications... So I didn't actually get to any open days for engineering, they were all for other subjects, which led to some confusion during the application process. It worked out fine in the end though and I got into my first choice.

I'm doing ok so far... The work at the moment isn't too difficult, it's a higher level than I've done before but not overwhelming. The main challenge I'm finding is keeping myself motivated to revise and go to lectures every day. It's so easy when the alarm goes off at 7am to just stay in bed and miss the first lecture, then miss the second...  Then  after that what's the point in getting on a half hour bus journey to go in for just one lecture, right?

I was fine for the first 8 weeks attendance wise, then in the last four I started missing more and more. The majority of people in my course seemed to do the same and I don't think it'll be a massive problem but I would definitely be doing better if I was in a school environment and living at home away from distractions. But yeah, I guess that's just part of settling in to a new environment.

What are you planning on studying ag?

Engineering seems pretty popular with a lot of people at the moment, I know plenty of my year are looking at doing it. I was lucky enough to get a scholarship for high school business and geography teaching, so I'll be doing that at uni for the next few years. My biggest concern is staying committed at uni too, I do find that I can slack off quite a bit, and it feels like I got through year 12 just through having a light timetable and through natural ability in some subjects. So yeah, when the level of work ramps up I hope I'll be able to cope.

Anyone still have any plans on getting the stick sports stuff back together or has that ship sailed?

Yeah, I believe there are quite a lot of opportunities in oil and gas in Australia so it's a good place to be for engineering. Good luck at uni, when do you start? God job getting a scholarship as well. Places seemed pretty limited for first years on my course so I wasn't able to get one. I've started looking into getting a placement for this summer, which wags in I've been told isn't easy for first years, but I'm hopeful!

Problem with getting a stick sports forum back together was always getting a flow of new members, otherwise it dies pretty quickly. Best way to get that is to contact SS directly and ask if we could get a forum I guess... Although I don't see that happening. The only reason the SS forum survived in the first place is because people played the games and, most of the time, accidentally found the forum. That's certainly how I found it anyway. So unless someone really wanted to put a lot of time into a new forum and getting people interested we're really not going to get anywhere otherwise.

Are there any other forums a lot of former SS members are active on? It's be easy to just integrate if that was the case.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:06 pm

smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
smr101 wrote:
ag6858 wrote:
Yeah I generally check up on here and SRU every few weeks. Weird that this thread is really the only thing left from the thousands of discussions from the SS forum and its spinoffs.

Yeah it's kind of a shame that none of the old SS forum was archived anywhere... Would have been cool to look at it now. Ah well, at least it's not completely dead here.

Just on a few weeks break from Uni at the moment for Christmas, although I have exams straight after so it's not much of a break... In my first year, enjoying it so far, but still feels a bit odd at times. I turn 18 in a few days so that'll make getting into clubs a lot easier at least...


Everyone have a good Christmas? Starting to feel like I'm getting too old for it haha, sad times!

Haha I'm in the same boat as you, last couple of years I haven't really had much excitement for it at all. Still, got some decent presents so can't complain. What are you doing at uni?

Mechanical Engineering. I really only decided I wanted to do it 3/4 weeks before the deadline for applications... So I didn't actually get to any open days for engineering, they were all for other subjects, which led to some confusion during the application process. It worked out fine in the end though and I got into my first choice.

I'm doing ok so far... The work at the moment isn't too difficult, it's a higher level than I've done before but not overwhelming. The main challenge I'm finding is keeping myself motivated to revise and go to lectures every day. It's so easy when the alarm goes off at 7am to just stay in bed and miss the first lecture, then miss the second...  Then  after that what's the point in getting on a half hour bus journey to go in for just one lecture, right?

I was fine for the first 8 weeks attendance wise, then in the last four I started missing more and more. The majority of people in my course seemed to do the same and I don't think it'll be a massive problem but I would definitely be doing better if I was in a school environment and living at home away from distractions. But yeah, I guess that's just part of settling in to a new environment.

What are you planning on studying ag?

Engineering seems pretty popular with a lot of people at the moment, I know plenty of my year are looking at doing it. I was lucky enough to get a scholarship for high school business and geography teaching, so I'll be doing that at uni for the next few years. My biggest concern is staying committed at uni too, I do find that I can slack off quite a bit, and it feels like I got through year 12 just through having a light timetable and through natural ability in some subjects. So yeah, when the level of work ramps up I hope I'll be able to cope.

Anyone still have any plans on getting the stick sports stuff back together or has that ship sailed?

Yeah, I believe there are quite a lot of opportunities in oil and gas in Australia so it's a good place to be for engineering. Good luck at uni, when do you start? God job getting a scholarship as well. Places seemed pretty limited for first years on my course so I wasn't able to get one. I've started looking into getting a placement for this summer, which wags in I've been told isn't easy for first years, but I'm hopeful!

Problem with getting a stick sports forum back together was always getting a flow of new members, otherwise it dies pretty quickly. Best way to get that is to contact SS directly and ask if we could get a forum I guess... Although I don't see that happening. The only reason the SS forum survived in the first place is because people played the games and, most of the time, accidentally found the forum. That's certainly how I found it anyway. So unless someone really wanted to put a lot of time into a new forum and getting people interested we're really not going to get anywhere otherwise.

Are there any other forums a lot of former SS members are active on? It's be easy to just integrate if that was the case.

Thanks, I think I start mid-Feburary but I'm not entirely sure. Good luck with the placement.
In terms of other forums, I know that Glinn, Ioppolo, Headless and Jakey post a fair bit on http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/, and I've spoken to Blade on http://community.boredofstudies.org/forum.php but it doesn't really seem like a big group has migrated to anywhere in particular, especially with bigfooty being such a massive forum.
Back to top Go down
F1-mania
Simply Sports Junior


Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-04-29
Location : Yes.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:32 pm

C'mon, we need at least one post on here in 2015, surely?
Back to top Go down
Pav
Administration
avatar

Posts : 4877
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 24
Location : Australia
Birthday : 1993-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:47 am

Man, I miss this place.

_________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down
http://simplysports.forum-motion.com
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:00 pm

3 posts in a month. The Forum's on fire!
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2010-04-16
Age : 90
Location : The world
Birthday : 1927-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Well, if I make one post this year...



⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️ ⚽️

Edit:Ok it cut off the last part of my post, I guess it doesn't matter that much

Edit 2: Ohhh you're only allowed one type of emoji per post? Laaaame I know why people left now though unbelievable

_________________________________________________________________
Presuming that all things are equal, who'd want to be men of the people, when there's people like you?
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:54 am

Pfft... wait till you actually win a continental championship :p

Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2010-04-16
Age : 90
Location : The world
Birthday : 1927-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:07 am

Australia is in Asia now is it... am I being trolled? Maybe we should go play in Africa then.

AND WE WERE SINGING

HYMNS AND ARIAS

LAND OF MY FATHERS

AR HYD Y NOS

_________________________________________________________________
Presuming that all things are equal, who'd want to be men of the people, when there's people like you?
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 70
Join date : 2011-08-13
Age : 20
Location : Sydney
Birthday : 1996-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:13 am

Yeah we left Oceania back in 05 cause we figured pummeling Tonga 20-0 every couple of years isn't the greatest preparation for serious World Cup Qualifiers.
Back to top Go down
Choob
Administration
avatar

Posts : 1093
Join date : 2010-04-16
Age : 90
Location : The world
Birthday : 1927-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:21 pm

I'm sure you've soared up the rankings as a result. 58 now, gotta be pleased with that Laughing

It's a shame this place died, thought we had a pretty decent idea to carry something on. Wasn't to be. Fun memories though. Anyone interested in carrying anything on, doesn't have to be SS related, just a place for the discussion of the sports and the like? Let me know within the next year I guess Laughing

_________________________________________________________________
Presuming that all things are equal, who'd want to be men of the people, when there's people like you?
Back to top Go down
smr101
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 110
Join date : 2010-11-20
Age : 20
Location : Scotland
Birthday : 1996-12-30

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:35 am

I'd like to carry it on. I reckon we should all just join an already active forum though. Anyone of any/know of SS members that are?

Also Scotland staying at home while Wales and Northern Ireland (NORTHERN FUCKING IRELAND) are at the Euro's is gutting...

Forza Jurgen Klopp though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/The-100-Official-Geral
F1-mania
Simply Sports Junior


Posts : 47
Join date : 2010-04-29
Location : Yes.

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:48 pm

What's a Scotsman's favourite film? Home alone.
Back to top Go down
Stewie
Simply Sports Member
avatar

Posts : 214
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 22
Location : Australia
Birthday : 1995-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:33 am

Just passing through...

_________________________________________________________________
1961 - 1971 - 1976 - 1978 - 1983 - 1986 - 1988 - 1989 - 1991 - 2008 - 2013 - 2014 - 2015
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingpair.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Forum Revamp   

Back to top Go down
 
Forum Revamp
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» xr rider for years,new to the forum
» i LOVE this forum
» New facebook log in feature on Golf Republic Forum
» Our Sponsors of the Float Tube Fishing Forum
» XR650R Forum On Your Mobile Phone

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Simply Sports Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: